St. Alban’s Episcopal Church, Edina is a warm and friendly parish where we seek to grow in faith by serving Christ in all persons. We are looking for a Parish Administrator who will enjoy working with us as we engage God’s mission in our community and beyond.
The Parish Administrator provides hospitality for members and visitors, ensures smooth and efficient execution of key church functions/ministries, and is a central source of knowledge and communication. This position supports the work of the Rector.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, computer, and administrative skills. Candidates must be detail-oriented, flexible, have a collaborative and friendly style, and a capacity to build trusted relationships.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as a welcoming and helpful presence for all who contact the church, whether by phone, email, or in person during office hours.
- Provide administrative support to the Rector (Pastor).
- Prepare the weekly church bulletin and weekly email announcements.
- Maintain church database and member records.
- Prepare monthly newsletter ― hard copy & electronic versions.
- Maintain the parish calendar to schedule events, meetings, and services throughout the year.
- Organize and send schedules to those who assist in worship, and to coffee hour hosts.
- Administrate annual Altar Flowers and Sanctuary Candles scheduling
- Create and post announcements of parish happenings on various media sites.
- Develop additional communications materials such as brochures and postcards.
- Order and manage office, custodial, and kitchen supplies.
- Communicate with Building & Grounds personnel about repairs and maintenance needs.
- Arrange rentals of church space for use by outside groups.
- Work closely with Parish Bookkeeper to pay bills and maintain financial records.
- Possible light bookkeeping (TBD)
Hours: 20 hours per week, M-F, with flexibility for occasional extra hours
- Affirms the Christian faith
- Associate degree or higher
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong integrity, honesty and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and to multitask
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, and various social media platforms
- Minimum 3 years of office experience (church experience a plus)
- Experience with bookkeeping a plus
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to:
St. Alban’s Episcopal Church, 6716 Gleason Rd., Edina, MN 55439. (No calls, please)